Saturday, October 16, 2010

Belgian Offices in US Respond to Calls with Lies and Hubris

Here's one supporter's experience of calling the Belgian government offices in New York:

"I called the numbers and none were very productive. The assistant to the US ambassador was probably the most worthwhile but he didn't seem very concerned (shocking) and assured me that all activists have been released. the UN office seemed confused as to why i'd be calling them and said it would be better to call the US embassy in brussels. Finally, the tourist office seemed amused that i was concerned about my safety in belgium and assured me it is a very very safe country. Nevertheless, i'm canceling my travel plans."

Help wipe the smirks off the tourist office staff faces and let the Consulate know we know they're lying about all the prisoners being released -- keep those calls coming in!

 Belgium's Offices in the US

Belgium's Offices in the UK

No comments:

Post a Comment